Construction and Heavy Equipments Rental
PLANNING RIG MOVEMENT :
The move operation for rigs have to be done without losing time, safety precautions and applications have to be taken as indicated below:
- Reviewing the TRA
- Reviewing the safety procedures
- Reviewing the evacuation and emergency plan
- Checking the emergency equipments
- Stopping work when encountering unsafe actions
- Assigning a task to each person of the crew
POTENTIAL HAZARDS :
- Being struck by crane, load, or forklift tipping
- Pinched fingers when assembling equipment
- Burns from cutting and welding
- Temporary eye irritation from welding light flash
- Falling or tipping during rigging down
- Falling from rig floor
- Being struck by swinging equipment
- Being struck by falling tools
- Being crushed by equipment due to failure or overloading of hoisting equipment
- Fall from ladders
- Fall or slip from ladders and stairs due to damaged or missing rungs or steps
POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS :
- Instruct all workers to safety procedures and ensure that they are acknowledge able about job hazards. This can be done during pre-job safety meetings
- Instruct workers to stand clear and keep hands and other body parts away from pinch points.
- Wear proper long sleeve clothing to protect from burns
- Wear proper welding eye/face protection.
- Avoid looking directly at the flame or arc when welding
- Wear fall protection when working from heights .
- Install , inspect , and secure stairs and handrails.
- Use proper PPE